Saturday, October 20, 2012

Reel Rock 7

Went and checked out the latest installment of Reel Rock last night for my birthday.


I was really impressed with it. Very well done and I'd say the best climbing "movie" (it's actually 4 short films) I've seen to date. Some gut wrenching scenes and lot's of LOLs. It has everything from sport climbing, to hard core alpine, so great off width stuff and amazing solo content. Even a little bouldering in there. If you've watched any of the climbing films and videos that have come out over the last decade or so, you'll likely recognize most of the people in the film.

I saw it on the CO School of Mines campus out in Golden, CO. I haven't been to an event on a college campus in over 15 years, but not much has changed. There were a ton of people there and getting keg beer in a red plastic cup was nostalgic.

Only short coming was a couple hiccups on the play back. The computer they used went off a couple times. It was funny to watch the guy run back there and put in his username and password real quick. Second time was a good crash and it took probably 20+ minutes to get the movie back up. The young crowd didn't seem to mind too much though.

But the film is great, great, great. If you have even a passing interest in climbing you'll love it. If you have no interest in climbing, I think you'll still really like it. It is still touring the world. Check www.reelrocktour.com for dates and locations near you. I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment