Friday, July 13, 2012

Pentathlon

As suggested by my buddy, Jared, a number of us have entered into a little casual contest. The outline is as follows:

The idea is to perform the events and re-test after a period of time, and the person with the greatest improvement percentage wins!
Yes obviously you could sandbag the initial test but we are not without honor, correct?

These are the 5 events:

* pushups in 2 minutes
* situps in 2 minutes
* broad jump
* sit-and-reach
* 1 mile run

My numbers:
M
38
6'2"
182

Pushups 49
Sit ups 40
Broad jump 6' 9"
1 mile 8:30
Reach + 5/8"
Elapsed time: 22:00

That's the order I did them in because I wanted to do everything but the reach with my shoes on.

I made the mistake of doing the run on I route I mapped in my neighborhood, instead of the track at the middle school nearby. We live on a hill, so I had to run uphill for most of it.
Will retest again on Sept. 10th to see progress who makes the most progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment